Ceftin is used for treating bacterial infections (sinus, skin, lung, urinary tract, ear, and throat). It may also be used to treat Lyme disease and gonorrhea. Ceftin is a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by interfering with the formation of the bacteria's cell wall so that the wall ruptures, resulting in the death of the bacteria.
Use Ceftin as directed by your doctor.
- Take Ceftin by mouth with or without food.
- Swallow Ceftin whole. Do not break, crush, or chew before swallowing.
- Ceftin works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- To clear up your infection completely, take Ceftin for the full course of treatment. Keep taking it even if you feel better in a few days.
- If you miss a dose of Ceftin, take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose, and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Ceftin.
Store Ceftin at room temperature, between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Ceftin out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Active Ingredient: Cefuroxime axetil.